© Copyright 2011, MultiSport Health Center, Inc. All rights reserved. Website designed by Billye Jo Sanders.
Learn More About Patient Care at MSHC
Our patients experience over a 90% success rate of permanent relief from the pain and
resulting problems in movement & tissue performance.
Immediate treatment to an acute injury will generally speed up recovery by 50%.
We permanently resolve the underlying source of the pain & resulting tissue
malfunction, not just the external symptoms.
Our primary goal is to resolve an injury as soon as possible. The more compliant and
motivated a patient is to get well, the less time they will spend under our care.
Our patients do not receive a cookie-cutter approach to care. During each visit, our
patients are evaluated and treated according to their stage of recovery and individual
Approximately 10-15% of our patient's conditions are resolved in less than 3 visits.
These patients usually receive treatment within 48 hours of the initial onset of pain or
A normal treatment course is 8-12 visits (2-3 times per week), each lasting 30-50
minutes. Each visit may include but is not limited to the following therapies (depending
on the stage of recovery or type of injury):
For a better understanding
of how our body repairs itself
with scar tissue, which
restriction & possible joint
dysfunction, please read the
article by Dr. Sanders:
Why is rest not
enough to heal?
Additional Treatment Info:
- ART® is a Patented & Medically Proven Therapy used world-wide that corrects muscular & soft-tissue problems
caused by adhesion formation as a result of acute injury, repetitive trauma, or constant pressure and tension.
- ART ® finds the tissue that is injured and physically works it back to its normal
texture, tension and length using over 500 treatment protocols for injuries.
- Please visit our ART ® webpage for more information.
Active Release Techniques ®
- Analyze specific motion related activities causing patient pain, discomfort or restriction.
- Locate & identify any muscular or skeletal dysfunctions.
- Resolve the motion related dysfunctions using appropriate soft-tissue therapies.
Yes, we have earned the legal right to the IRONMAN logo through a great deal of effort, skill, & hard work.
- The FDA approved & medically proven Triton DTS System combines the
latest technology of traction, decompression and movement to help alleviate
pain & heal injured tissues for both the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine.
- It allows a patient's lumbar region to be treated in the either the prone (face
down) or supine (face up) position to reduce patient discomfort.
- It effectively treats: Bulging/Herniated/Prolapsed/Protruding Discs, Chronic
Pain, Degenerative Disc Disease, Facet Syndrome, Post-Surgical Relapse,
Radicular Pain, Sciatica & Spinal Stenosis as well as other conditions.
- Please visit our Decompression webpage for more information.
Cervical & Lumbar Decompression Therapy
(Manual, Manipulative & Soft-Tissue Therapies)
- The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft
tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and
fascial restrictions that affect normal function.
- Please visit our Graston webpage for an animated slide show & more information.
-The McKenzie Method ® is a unique, comprehensive and logical
step-by-step process to assess and treat common neck and back problems.
- McKenzie treatment involves a series of individualized exercises, which
place the emphasis on active patient involvement.
- By learning how to self-treat, patients gain first-hand knowledge on how to
reduce the risk of reoccurrence.
- Follow-up treatment visits can be greatly reduced with effective
self-treatment and personal maintenance care.
McKenzie Method ®
- We are not saying that the entire you is weak, just
that part of you is weaker than it used to be.
- Without the correct exercises to strengthen the
dysfunctional area, your condition will probably return.
- By teaching our patients low-tech rehabilitation
exercises, we give them the tools to strengthen their
injured areas as well as maintain their various
activities after they leave our care.
Physical & Functional Rehabilitation
- Patients almost always need some degree of physical or functional rehabilitation. It is
not possible to get injured and get stronger.
-Once the surrounding soft-tissue is returned to its normal state, then the joint
may be gently manipulated back into alignment.
- This helps restore lost range of motion and removes restrictions within the joint.
- Excessive joint manipulation can lead to a hyper-mobile & weakened kinetic
structure, therefore will only be performed when medically indicated.
McKenzie Self-treat Poster
- The Microlight ML 830 Laser is a non-thermal (cold) laser capable of delivering
non-destructive penetrating light deep into the soft-tissue.
- This light energy promotes the process of photobiostimulation, which expedites cell
repair and stimulates the immune, lymphatic and vascular systems.
- The net result is an apparent reduction in pain, inflammation, edema and overall
Cold Laser Therapy
- EMS machines use electrical impulses to rhythmically contract & relax the injured muscles, which helps alleviate
pain and increase blood flow to aid the healing process.
Electrical Muscle Stem (EMS)
- Footmaxx is the only system in the world that allows digital gait & pressure
analysis data to translate into a diagnostic report as well as prescription orthotic.
- Orthotics may be recommended for patients with a hyper-mobile foot (Pronation &
Supination) in order to stabilize the kinetic chain and prevent further joint dysfunction.
- Please visit our Footmaxx webpage for more information.
- Using heat prior to receiving therapeutic treatment softens the tissue
and enhances its ability to regain normal range of motion.
- Using ice after treatment reduces swelling, controls inflammation,
manages pain and increases circulation; all of which facilitate the
- Ultrasound equipment generates high frequency sound waves that travel deep into the injured tissues.
- By generating a deep heat, US increases blood flow, reduces pain and inflammation and accelerates healing.
- Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT) is the most
advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method approved
by the FDA.
- This non-invasive office procedure represents a breakthrough treatment
option for a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Please read our EPAT brochure for detailed information.
E.P.A.T Shock Wave Therapy
Functional Movement System (F.M.S.) & Selective Functional Movement Assessment (S.F.M.A.)
- The Functional Movement System (F.M.S.) philosophy & Selective Functional Movement
Assessment (S.F.M.A.) represent the wave of the future in terms of Physical Medicine.
- It is the first true Injury Risk Management System that provides patients and medical
professionals alike a comprehensive system for communication, testing, assessment, planning
- The goal is to bring the patient back to full functionality in order for them to maintain an active lifestyle, decrease
their injury risk and eliminate secondary injuries arising from dysfunction.
- This breakthrough thinking regarding basic human movement patterns and how our bodies negatively adapt to
pain/injury is currently on the forefront of the following athletic organizations: NFL, PGA, NBA, NCAA, & MLB.
- The U.S. Departments of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines) are also
successfully utilizing it to protect their soldiers during training and combat situations.
- Please read our F.M.S. Screen info document for detailed information regarding
the benefits of the screen and about F.M.S. can positively affect your life.
Visit F.M.S. for more info.